DVDs, Books, and other Materials about Child Development and Children with Disabilities
Products by Topics
This page lists a series of materials concerning hand preference in children with and without disabilities.
Hand Preference: Theory, Assessment, and Implications for Function: C18 @ $60, designed for therapists, teachers, and parents who are trying to answer these questions:
* What are the most important things we need to know about hand preference, and its relevance to function?
* What can we do to help a child who has problems with functional skills such as handwriting, which may or may not relate to inconsistent handedness?
* Theoretical Concepts
* Normal Components of Hand Preference
* Testing Methods
* Identification of Functional Problems and Practical Interventions
* Clinical questions for self-study or classroom learning
* Included with the book is a CD, for you to print unlimited copies of:
The EHPA is also available separately on a CD: HP1cd @ $25, for you to print unlimited copies for educational or clinical purposes.
For international buyers only, these files can be emailed (em) to you, with no shipping charges: HP1em @ $25.
* Normal Components of Hand Preference (DVD)
* Normal and Atypical Hand Preferences, Part 1. Emerging and Mature Hand Preferences and Congruencies, and Part 2. Factors Influencing Hand Preferences in Persons with Disabilities (DVD)
* Documentation of Hand Preference Chart: Another method for therapists and teachers to record clinical observations (free pdf download)
* Glossary of Hand Preference Terms (free pdf download)
* FAQs about Hand Preference (free pdf download)
* Hand Preference References (free pdf download)
* Development of a Hand Preference Assessment (presentation poster to be downloaded free)
* Emerging and Mature Hand Preferences and Congruencies (presentation poster to be downloaded free)